Master of Arts in Mount Carmel College:
The Master of Arts or MA degree in Mount Carmel College, Bangalore is a two-year postgraduate program in English offered by Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. The program is offered to students who have successfully completed their Bachelor’s degree.
The purpose of the program is to offer training at an advanced level for postgraduate students, who will
- Develop an understanding of literary forms, movements and trends in contemporary theory, and their interdisciplinary extensions
- Understand the relationship between writing, culture and society
- Understand the historical, theoretical and cultural contexts in which texts are produced
- Be equipped to engage with these contexts in their chosen professional fields
- Analyse and appreciate works of literature and the roles of the reader, academia and the industry in creating the literary marketplace
- Develop the skills to produce independent and original research
- Gain technical writing, documentation and other skills to pursue academic careers or careers in allied professions.
The program will be for a duration of two years (four semesters). Admission will be made on the basis of merit in accordance with the provisions of Admission Policy of the college. Courses will be taught by the experienced faculty of the various Department along with the guest faculty who fulfil the norms of the UGC Regulations. Professionals and experts will be invited whenever required.
Applications are available in an online format from the college website http://www.mountcarmelcollegeblr.co.in/ Candidates must complete all the required steps of the application process.
The entrance test for the academic year 2018-19 will be held on Saturday 7th April 2018 and Saturday 21st April 2018 at 10:30 am. Semester 1 – Core and Allied Renaissance Drama Metaphysical to Pre-Romantic Literature Romantic and Victorian Poetry Nation, Nationalism and Indian Writing – 19th Century to Independence Technical and Research Writing Studies in Gender and Sexuality Interested candidates have to select ONE date. The test will be followed by an interview on the same date. The test will seek to gauge the candidate’s writing, analytical and critical skills. Applicants’ undergraduate academic performance, their performance in the aptitude test and in the interview will have weightage in determining their composite merit. Please register for the test by filling out an online application from the college website. The entrance examination will be from 10:30 am to noon on both days. Successful candidates will be given admission provisional to their UG results. They must complete admissions formalities as per college guidelines, and furnish marks cards and other supporting documents as required.
Students who have missed the counselling or by any means missed the entrance exam can also apply for Direct Admission in Mount Carmel College, Bangalore with a valid score in 10+2+3 exam through management quota. Students with minimum a score of 50% in 10+2+3 can apply for Direct admission in MCC, Bangalore.
Direct admission in Mount Carmel College is possible through management quota/NRI quota. The fee structure for management quota admission may vary.
For more information kindly contact us @8884555829 / 080-42102143